Here’s the tutorial Face Painting tutorial. You’ll do the tutorial on your own model.
We’re going to pause our snapchat filters for this week, as we just had an opportunity drop in our lap and it could win you $100 from Mr. Ingman. That’s right, this design is a paid gig for the winning poster.
Here are the perimeters:
- 11″ w x 17″ tall, 300 DPI, transparent background (10 points)
- A relevant background image (example: a roaring lion, the high school…) (20 points)
- A CG logo, small and in the bottom right corner with the text: Cottage Grove High School or CGHS (10 points)
- Original design that shows an understanding in Photoshop and its capabilities (20 points)
- Correct spelling and grammar (10 points)
- Must include the below text highlighting the acronym ROARS (20 points):
Complete work on time.
Be present & ready to work.
Have a system & use it.
Check your work & know your grade.
Advocate by checking in with your teachers.
Learn from the struggle.
Save as a PDF (keep the PSD file just in case) and please name it lastname_roarposter.pdf
We’re going to try something new and pretty relevant to your daily life… also, it’s a good way to get your work seen and used by thousands of people.
You’ll be making a Snapchat filter, which you will submit to Snapchat.
As you probably know, Geofilters are used in specific locations, they can be as small as schools or as big as whole cities. You need to pick a location and craft a custom, creative and original creating for that location. Be careful though, the bigger the location (ie., NYC) the more rigorous the standard for acceptance. You should consider somewhere local like CG or Creswell, or even our school.
Here are the requirements from Snapchat’s page:
|Following these guidelines will help increase the likelihood of your Geofilter being selected:
For this assignment, you will need to design, correctly save and format 2 designs, they can be for the same or separate place. Saving will be tricky your first time, so we’ll run through it together. Check out other geotags from around the world, notice that not all of them are super intricate.
- Uses template: 5 points
- Maintains buffer (bleed) areas: 5 points
- Demonstrates originality: 10 points
- Demonstrates command of Photoshop: 10 points
- Occupies 25% of screen or less: 10 points
- Utilizes new fonts: 5 points
- Saved correctly as PNG: 5 points
- 6″x3″ 300 DPI, transparent background (10 points)
- 1/4″ bleed on all sides (10 points)
- Full color
- Theme: Lion Pride Pageant: The Musical
- Must include text (50 points):
- Lion Pride Pageant: The Musical
- Cottage Grove High School presents
- April 26, 2019 7pm
- CGHS Cafetorium
- A benefit for Children’s Miracle Network
- Pre-sale: $10, At the door: $12
- Must include images (50 points):
- Peacehealth Sacred Heart Medical Center (provided)
- Children’s Miracle Network (provided)
- Remove the background from the logos
- Fonts should be unique and balanced (10)
- Correct and edited spelling (10)
- Double-sided (10)